How Do You See Yourself?
It’s been said that ‘we’, which includes ‘you’, are your own harshest critic. Well, not today! You’ll find no balance in this month’s post. There’s a time for pluses and minuses, pros and cons, strengths and weaknesses and that time is not today.
- The human eye can distinguish 10 million colors. That’s a lot!
- With eyeball rotation, horizontal field of view is 270 degrees! Not quite owl-like, but still!
- The human eye can detect a luminance of one hundred trillion (It’s ok, I had to Google luminance too!)
- The diagram of a human eye on Wikipedia shows 44 different components
- Ophthalmologists typically take four years of training after medical school to be sufficiently knowledgeable about the eye
Encouragement 1: Write down the three best things about you!
I’m going to be a little assertive here. Your kids don’t count. Your job doesn’t count. Your bank balance doesn’t count. Your significant other doesn’t count. Your house or other belongings don’t count. What are the three best things about you as a person?
Encouragement 2: Identify three people in your life who you consider to be on ‘your team’.
Could be friends, family workers, colleagues. Three people who are your cheerleaders. People who’ve been there for you in the past. People who’ve got your back…. who see the best in you!
Encouragement 3: Ask those three people to each write down what they think are the three best things about you.
Remind them of the ‘rules’ – no to kids, jobs, money, family, and friends. What do they think are the three best things about you as a person? Ask them to email it, or write it in a letter. Anywhere where it will be easy for you to keep hold of them.
Contact us to discuss how we might be able to best address your needs